BIO Web Conf.
Volume 8, 20172016 International Conference on Medicine Sciences and Bioengineering (ICMSB2016)
|Number of page(s)||4|
|Section||Session I: Medicine|
|Published online||11 January 2017|
Therapy efficacy of hyperreative rhinitis by the combination of intranasal steroid and oral H1-antihistamine
1 Department of Anesthesiology, China- Japan Union Hospital, Jilin University, 130033, China
2 Otorhinolary, Affiliated Hostipal og Qingdao University, Qingdao, 266555, China
3 Dept. Otolaryngolgy and head & Neck, China- Japan Union Hospital, Jilin University, 130033, China
a Corresponding author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background Hyperreative rhinitis (HRR) is identified as rhinitis which has at least two symptoms such as sneeze, itches, watery secretion and nasal blockage. Little is known about the pathology of HRR, as well as its clinical features and treatment. Objective To investigate efficacy HRR by combined therapy with intranasal steroids and antihistamines Methods The age, gender, predisposing factors and clinical symptoms of 200 HRR patients were analyzed. Both intranasal steroids and antihistamines were applied for 8 weeks. Symptoms were assessed with VAS score before and after the treatment. Result: Before the therapy, 87% of HRR patients showed persistent symptoms; 69% complained about severe and persistent effects on the quality on the life; sneezing (96%) and rhinorrhea (78%) were the top 2 symptoms reported; All patients completed the 8-wk combined therapy with intranasal steroids and antihistamines; 96% patients were satisfied with the therapy, with all symptoms except wheezing have been clear relief (p <0.05); the remaining 4% reported the unsatisfied result of the therapy. Conclusion The combined therapy with intranasal steroids and antihistamines controlled most of clinical symptoms of HRR.
© The Authors, published by EDP Sciences, 2017
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.