BIO Web Conf.
Volume 65, 2023EBWFF 2023 - International Scientific Conference Ecological and Biological Well-Being of Flora and Fauna (Part 2)
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Preventive Healthcare and Urban Ecology|
|Published online||04 September 2023|
The prevalence study of patients infected with pyelonephritis by in Al-Najaf Governorate, Iraq
1 Department of Clinical pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Kufa, Iraq
2 Al Najaf teaching hospital responsible of Nephrology and dialysis section, Iraq
3 The Islamic University of Najaf, College of Medical Technology, Department of Medical Laboratory Technology, Iraq
4 Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Kufa, Iraq
* Corresponding author: email@example.com
The study aimed at the prevalence of pyelonephritis and its association with some kidney diseases, function or structure, in Iraq, specifically in the province of Najaf, for a period of 16 months, from 2/1/2022 to 1/5/2023, where 1255 samples of males and females of different ages were collected, and the patients were divided into several groups depending on time, gender, residence, age and disease. Regarding the disease, there are individuals who only have pyelonephritis and their number was 277 (18%), while the rest of the patients were 1028 (82%) who had kidney problems, whether functional or immunological, which is kidney failure and renal syndrome, kidney transplantation and lupus erythematous. The most common is pyelonephritis associated with renal failure or insufficiency, with a number of 768.)%95( Also, the results showed that the month of April for the year 2022 obtained the most samples, with a number of 109 (8.69%) samples. with regard to gender, females were generally more susceptible to infection than males, reaching 55%. As for housing, most patients lived in urban areas. In contrast to rural areas, where their percentage was low (40%), and therefore people should be educated and urged to review the hospital and specialist doctors when they feel any symptoms related to the kidneys, so that they do not suffer from failure later.
© The Authors, published by EDP Sciences, 2023
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.